Marlow Ropes are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of specialist fibre ropes. Our rope making roots in the local community go back over 200 years and we are proud to still be manufacturing on the same site as our forebears did.
We have earned a reputation around the world for innovation, performance and quality and we work hard to maintain this. Our factory in Hailsham, East Sussex in the UK employs around 70 people in production, logistics, sales, marketing, technical, accounts and administration. We also have a sales and distribution office in Plymouth Massachusetts in the USA employing 6 people. In addition, we are part of a larger family owned group, with UK other manufacturing and distribution sites in Malvern, Heywood and Telford.
We believe in doing things better, and are always on the lookout for new talent to help us push our Company forward.
If you would like to join our team send us your CV. Alternatively, apply for the specific roles advertised below
WE ARE HIRING!
Technical Sales and Product Manager (Working At Height)
Marlow Ropes are the UK’s premier specialist rope manufacturer. With an enviable brand reputation dating back 200 years and high aspirations looking forward to the future, we are dedicated to driving the sales of their British made products through performance, innovation and service. Thanks to strategic growth plans we are looking for a target driven Technical Sales & Product Manager to develop our Working at Height business.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can demonstrate enthusiasm, tenacity and flexibility, is customer focussed and capable of delivering the company’s strategy and developing new business across the UK.
Our Working at Height business includes products destined for the Arboriculture, Rope Access and Technical Rescue industries.
This is a rewarding role and a fantastic opportunity to further advance a developing product sector within a respected and growing business.
• Working within the Commercial Division, the role is focussed on developing new business in the Rope Access and Arboriculture markets, with an element of managing existing customers.
• Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and customer requirements.
• Help bring new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and managing product development programs
•Develop and implement sales plans and strategies to be measured by OKR’s (Objectives and Key Results).
• Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with marketing and production departments.
• Visit customers and prospective customers across the UK and engage with them via telephone when office based.
• Whilst our Head Office is based in Hailsham, East Sussex, the role will require nationwide travel so applications from candidates across the UK are welcome.
• You will have a sound and demonstrable experience in Safety at Height, Rope Access, Sport Climbing or the Arboriculture industries.
• Have an enthusiastic, passionate, proactive and confident manner.
• Great at generating and building commercial relationships
• Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Be able to demonstrate sales ability.
• Able to undertake requirement and competitive analysis
• Able to plan and manage product development and introduction projects
• Smart and well presented, but able to adjust approach for different markets
• Passionate about British manufacturing and promoting British products.
• Computer literate with experience in using business systems and MS Office suite.
• Be able to show high level of initiative and an ability to work independently.
• Be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
• Well organised with excellent planning skills.
• Be willing to travel extensively around the UK, staying away overnight when necessary.
MARLOW ROPES OFFER:
• A competitive base salary plus targeted quarterly commission
• A company car, mobile phone and laptop
• Rewarding role dealing with a diverse range of markets and customers
• A career with a strong, stable and well-respected business
Marlow Ropes are the UK’s premier specialist rope manufacturer and global leaders in the industry. With an enviable brand reputation for technical excellence and quality and a history dating back over 200 years, Marlow have high aspirations looking forward to the future, and are dedicated to driving the sales of our British made products through performance, innovation and service.
Marlow is steeped in history and recognised around the world for quality, performance and innovation.
We utilise the very latest fibres and manufacturing techniques in the production of ropes from 1mm to 100mm in diameter and specialise in ropes and rope assemblies for the yachting, defence and safety at height markets. With agents and distribution on 6 continents we are able to service specialist rope and cordage requirements across the globe.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience - please apply now!
To apply please send a C.V and covering letter for the attention of Jon Mitchell to email@example.com.